All our doctors and staff will be making themselves available to you. We will keep our usual business and phone hours. As much as possible, we are making telephone and video appointments. Photos can be e-mailed to us prior to your appointment.
Click for your doctor's telemedicine link and information about sending photos and your privacy and security risks.
Some patients will need to be seen in person. Your doctor will speak with you first to decide if this is necessary. For your safety we are going to keep our clinic free of respiratory virus (RV) (COVID-19 and Influenza). These are the measures we will be taking:
- Only patients with appointments will be allowed into the clinic.
- We will not allow anyone into the clinic with symptoms of RV (COVID-19 and Influenza) infection, contact with known infected persons, or recent international travel. We will NOT be doing RV (COVID-19 and Influenza) testing. If you start having symptoms before your appointment, please phone to postpone. See the bottom of this page for a description of symptoms.
- Only a few people will be allowed in our waiting room at a time. This is to ensure at least 2 meters distance between patients. Please come alone unless a parent or caregiver is required.
- Please arrive on time. If you are more than 5 minutes early, you will be asked to wait in the hallway, in your car, or outside the building.
- Please wear a mask (home-made cloth masks are OK). Infants and small children do not have to wear a mask but should remain in their parents arms, on their lap, or in a chair, stroller or car seat while in the clinic.
- All patients will be expected to sanitize their hands on arrival. We will supply hand sanitizer or soap, water and paper towels.
- You may bring your own books, magazines, and/or toys and take them home with you afterwards.
- Our clinic, waiting area, and exam rooms are well ventilated with a modern HVAC system.
- All shared surfaces in the clinic, including waiting room chairs will be cleaned (disinfected) at least twice a day.
- Exam room tables, chairs, and equipment will be wiped down (disinfected) after every patient. All surgical instruments are cleaned and sterilized or disposed of after each use according to provincial health standards.
- During examinations and procedures, your doctor will also wear a mask.
- All doctors and staff will maintain strict frequent hand hygiene and ensure their main work areas are separated by at least 2 meters. Some doctors and staff will work part of the time from home to facilitate safe workplace distancing.
- Doctors or staff with any respiratory virus symptoms will stay home.
Symptoms of Respiratory Virus (COVID-19 and Influenza):
- fever or chills (temperature greater than 37.6). We suggest you keep a thermometer at home)
- all-over muscle aching
- sore throat
- new cough
- new shortness of breath
- runny nose or sinus congestion
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms and feeling worse than a normal cold, please call the clinic to speak to your doctor or phone 811. If you are feeling very short of breath, weak, or dizzy, call 911 for an ambulance.